The Incumbent will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To plan and manage PR activities aimed at promoting the Sub-Catchment Council’s image and act as the Spokesperson of the organisation as well as being the chief person responsible for all communications, public relations and affairs of the Council.
2. To manage the brand image of the Sub-Catchment Council through all multi-media platforms by way of promotional activities, campaigns and media relations.
3. To maintain good relationships with the media fraternity.
4. To edit and review all media content, speeches, press releases including educational materials.
5. Initiating and regularly publishing a newsletter for the promotion of the Sub-Catchment Council activities with its stakeholders.
6. Maintenance of the Council’s website.
7. Any other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
A Higher National Diploma (HND)/Degree in Journalism/Public Relations/Communication and Media Studies. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Relevant Professional Membership.
At least three (3) years Public Relations experience and 5 years Journalism experience.
A full Clean Class 4 Drivers’ License is a MUST.
Ability to prioritise and plan effectively.
Must be very honest with the ability to withstand the high pressure which requires attention to detail, strategic thinking as well as being social media savvy.
Should have excellent writing and interpersonal skills